Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Feature: Top Shelf Short Stories


I don't think I've plugged my favorite podcast here, which is INSANE because they are awesome and the podcast is all about books. My most favorite podcast (offered in iTunes, but they also have other platforms) is Books on the Nightstand with Michael Kindness and Ann Kingman. If you have not listened to this podcast, you have no idea what you're missing. Also, their website kicks major butt. 

Anyway, I got the idea of Top Shelf Short Stories because of Ann Kingman. Ann's resolution for the new year was to read a short story each day for a year. I, on the other hand, am not so ambitious, and am settling for Top Shelf Short Stories for the month of October (and maybe I will prolong it, depending on how I do). 

So, dear reader, I need your help. I have plenty of short story collections, but I am rather greedy when it comes to the written word. SO - here is where you come in, reader. I'd appreciate any story recommendations! If you can't think of any, don't fret! I'll be hosting polls so you can vote for upcoming stories or authors. I'm making this part up as I go! :D

Stay tuned and please, join in and give me your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment