Sunday, May 3, 2015

Review: The Agency: A Spy in the House

The Agency
by Y. S. Lee

Synopsis

Introducing an exciting new series! Steeped in Victorian atmosphere and intrigue, this diverting mystery trails a feisty heroine as she takes on a precarious secret assignment. 

Review

I didn't expect to like this book as much as i did. I hadn't heard about it before, but I saw it was available from my library and I remembered that I saw it mentioned in a YouTube video. I am so happy that I picked it up!

It's a story about a young thief-turned spy during Victorian times. This girl is fierce - strong and curious.I'll go ass far as to say she is a Victorian-time feminist. What I didn't expect was that chapters were not solely from her POV. What I really didn't expect was for me to like that fact. 

For you love story enthusiasts - there is a love story in this book, but it is not what you think. How's that for vague? Let's just say that I am looking forward to the following books (I already ordered the second and third books in the series).

Verdict

If you are into mysteries - especially those involving a strong [feminist] female lead - this is for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment