Tuesday, January 29, 2013



Characters I Loved


10. Rob from High Fidelity: Honestly, he frustrated the heck out of me, but I could not hate him. He was too honest and music-obsessed for me to dislike. So, instead, I ended up really liking him. 



9. Clay Jannon from Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore: He is adorably dorky. Adorkable, if you will. I also quite enjoyed his never-ending curiosity and the fact that he got to work at an awesome bookstore. 


8. Bianca Piper from The DUFF: Even though Bianca felt inferior at times, it didn't always seem like that to me. She didn't let her looks "handicap" her (I hope, dear reader, that you know what I mean). She didn't always make the right decisions, but I feel she owned up to them and showed he was strong, through and through.


7. Natalie from Babe in Boyland: Strong willed girl who knows what she wants and decides to go out and get it? Heck yes please! I found Natalie to be fun and upbeat and quite passionate. 


6. Chelsea from Speechless: Although Natalie is given a lot of crap for what she did in this book, she nevertheless did the right thing. That, plus her vow of silence? She is truly a strong character. 



5. Jane from Jane Eyre: Jane is quiet and strong. She doesn't complain and is as realistic as can be. That is also why her character saddens me - of course it had to be love that made her fall. That just goes to show - love is hard to escape. 


4. Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars: I think it's self-explanatory, but Hazel is a strong girl who is realistic. I'm a sucker for smart girls who fall in love. 




3. Weetzie Bat from Dangerous Angels (Weetzie Bat books): She is infuriatingly awesome. And loving. Flawed perfection.



2. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables: Who doesn't like Anne??? The girl with the red hair and a passion for friendship? I mean, this book made me cry with the emotions coming from her alone. Only a fantastic character could do that. 



1. Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium series: Lisbeth is a kickass, intelligent and highly misunderstood character. I love the way her mind works and how she works out her feelings without becoming obsessed by them. She's also a very caring character hidden behind the hurt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment