Thursday, August 7, 2014

Recommendations: Awesome Bookish Things and People

I wanted to share with you, dear reader, the bookish things I enjoy. These people, things, etc. are awesome. AWESOME. I hope you give them a shot and enjoy them as well. Please let me know your recommendations! 


Ron Lit is an awesome YouTube channel. Ronnie (I am assuming that is her name - I could be wrong) has an awesome personality for book videos and I could listen to her wit all day long. 



Books on the Nightstand is a great website for anything book related, but what I really enjoy is the weekly podcast with Ann and Michael who both work for Random House, but they base their conversations on any book they find interesting and not only those from their publishing house. 


Vaginal Fantasy is the kind of book club cool, open minded people (yes, boys are welcome) would enjoy. It's led by the awesome Felicia Day and involves a group of awesome women. They read a different fantasy/paranormal/science fiction romance book a month and then talk about it. It's hilarious and wonderful. And, if that title is any indication - which it is - expect NSFW stuff. 



The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is one of the most clever adaptations I have ever seen. For those of you who don't know, it's based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and is set in today's time. You will still swoon for Mr. Darcy and it's fantastic. 



Priscilla from The Readables has a clever and entertaining YouTube channel. She has top 5 lists and has an affinity for comics and manga. What is not to love?


Kristy from The Story Siren has some awesome videos. Sadly, she hasn't been able to update. But the good thing is that the reason is because she had a baby! Pretty good reason, I say - ha. Even though the videos are older, they're still great to watch. 



And lastly, Lesley from Words of a Reader has great taste in books and has some of the most unique book haul videos I've seen (and I've seen a lot). She also seems to have such a lovely personality which just makes her videos delightful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment